1. Submissions must be a short story between 1,000 to 3,000 words in length, written in English. Any theme is acceptable.
2. Story may have have been previously published in a magazine or online, providing the author still owns the copyright and there is no exclusivity with the prior publication
3. Alternatively, the story may be as yet unpublished.
4. Work must be entirely the work of the entrant, and the entrant must own the full publication rights to the story.
5. Submissions must be accompanied by a bio including full details of any previous publication history of the story submitted.
6. Submissions can only be accepted online.
7. Each submission must be accompanied by an entry fee of £6.00, payable via Paypal as part of the submission process (can be paid in local currency – paypal will make the necessary transaction)
8. Multiple submissions are permitted.
9. There is no geographical restriction on entrants, entry is open to all including non-UK based writers.
10. Entrants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
11. Entrants agree to have their story published by InkTears in both electronic and paper format. Authors will retain worldwide copyright on their work with InkTears having first publication rights.
12. Closing date is 30 November 2013.
13. Winners will be notified via email by 28 February 2014.
14. Full results will be posted on this website by 30 March 2014.
15. Entrants will be judged by the InkTears judging panel. The judges’ decisions are final and no individual correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entry is confirmation of your acceptance of all rules and conditions.
There are six prizes which will be awarded by the InkTears judging panel:
1. • Winner: £1,000
2. • Runner-up: £100
3. • 4x Highly Commended: £25
All prize winners will get their:
1. • Story published to the InkTears Readership
2. • Bio published on InkTears site
3. • Optional publishing contract*
*If the writer has enough quality short stories InkTears may offer the option of a contract to publish a short story collection. If they are at an early stage of development as a writer, we will consider including their work in an anthology.
Find more information here: inktears.com/Inktears/WritersNewWritersContest